Wednesday 21 May 2014

"Oh Me Oh My" by Fast Molasses


I have been feeling the blugrass music vibe lately - maybe it's the appearance of daffodils and buttercups in the fields, or maybe it's because I've had the window open every day this week. Whatever the reason, "Oh Me Oh My" by Fast Molasses really hits the spot.





This is such a jam - I swear, the chorus is so laid back that when I close my eyes I'm back in Texas, hiking down to the lake with my fishing pole and bait box. (And now I'm homesick for Texas, where I'm not even from.)

MusicallyNotable: So how did you guys go about writing this song? What was the inspiration?

Fast Molasses: The composition was recorded in the middle of the woods in a chicken coop in the forest. You'll here crickets in almost every song singing along with us. This album is supposed to represent acoustic americana. We got our friends Hunnabee and the Sandy Tar boys to back us up on the tracks.

MN: Are there any upcoming releases or albums? What's on the recording docket for Fast Molasses? 

FM: This album is about community and team work, much like a harvest on a farm. The album is called from the Sugarcane because thats where molasses comes from and our 3* albums are titled after the process of making Rum from Molasses. Our second album will be called "To the Still" and the finally album "At the Bottom of the Barrel. Each album will have their own unique sonic space and will be recorded differently. Right now my partner lives in New Orleans and I in Portland, Oregon. The second album will be recorded over the internet stretching all across the united states. The last album will exclusively feature new Orleans musicians.

MN: I know we'll all be looking out for those albums! How about gigs, anything coming up? 

FM: No official gigs right now. But you can catch my partner Molasses in New Orleans busking everyday of the week.

MN: New Orleans readers, keep an eye out for some excellent busking!! 

Band Members: 

FAST MOLASSES
Christopher Smith - Fast - Guitar/Harp/Vocals
Shawn Wee - Molasses - Fiddle/Guitar/Vocals
Josh Boord - Guitar
Jason Willis - Double Bass
Walter Prettyman - Fiddle
HUNNABEE and the SANDY TAR BOYS:
Hannah Simonetti - Fiddle/Vocals
Benjamin Kain - Vocals
Sean Fenstemaker - Banjo
Jake Leow - Banjo
Aaron Smith - Double Bass/Vocals

No comments:

Post a Comment